Sunday 8 May 2011

Weekend Away


Just back from weekend away with Limerick Baptist Church.  Had a great time, they are a great bunch of people.  It's a strange feeling.  On one hand I am in no rush to leave Richhill.  Richhill Methodist has been my happiest experience of church and I love the people dearly.  On the other hand I am looking forward to getting to know those in Limerick better.  I suppose the thing to do is cherish these last days in Richhill in the knowledge that I hope to have many days ahead with those in LBC.

Meanwhile, the Northern Ireland elections were refreshingly boring and normal. 

I have discovered that Claire and Geoff's wedding is on the day of both the Magner's league and Champions' league finals (poor Ramyie, father of the bride, who is a big Man U fan - it will be even worse for him if Ulster make the final).  Don't worry I know that the wedding is far more important (even if Munster make it to a Thomond match).

...it is a well-known law of the spiritual life that our love for God will spring up and flourish just as our knowledge of Him increases.  To know Him is to love Him, and to know Him better is to love Him more (A. W. Tozer).

3 comments:

Delme Linscott said...

Hi there
Thanks for the great blog. I was just wondering what process you had to go through in order to move from the Methodist Church to a Baptist Church? Was it complex? I am a Methodist Minister in South Africa and was just curious.
Thanks for the insights.
Blessings
Delme Linscott

To whom it may concern said...

Daer Delme

Thanks for reading the blog.

Well, first of all I should point out that my move from the Methodist Church was not caused by any hostility to this denomination that I love. It was simply that I want to do long term ministry in a place, rather than the itinerant ministry the Methodist Chruch in Ireland has.

I sought advice from a friend, who is a Baptist pastor, about pastoral jobs in general and he told me that the Baptist Church in Limerick was looking for a pastor. The Baptists are very congregational. They even refer to their network of churches as an association rather than a denomination. So it is ultimatly up to the local church to choose their pastor. That said, there was a theological interview at which the president of the association was present.

Hope that is insightful,
Paul.

ieteke said...

Paul that was quick! Yes the weekend away was great!! All the best with the last stretch at Richhill, enjoy and again welcome to LBC.
enjoying your blog
ieteke