Thursday 11 September 2014

Review: How long, O Lord?


There are certain books that are so good that I find myself buying a number of copies (because of giving the book away to others). I am not sure how many copies of this book I have bought. I can honestly say that this book changed the way I think.

I purchased my first copy of this book before going on a placement to the majority-world as a theological student. I suspected that I would be exposed to a greater degree of human pain than I had witnessed before and should arm my mind to think through the issues that would be raised.

What struck me was how thoroughly Biblical Carson's thinking is. The minister that I worked with prefaced his thoughts on suffering with 'I think ...', Carson says, 'look at the text'.

A great breath of topics are covered and I found his thoughts of hell and war very memorable.







No comments: