Friday 21 February 2014

Coke ads

There is some controversy about Coca Cola ads at the moment.  This includes the fact that an ad which includes a gay wedding has that scene removed from its Irish version.  My frustration with Coca Cola is related to the fact that the image that they project is deceitful.  It irritated me when one ad said something like 'unconditional love; drink Coca Cola'.  The ad I am familiar with at the moment compares people acting kindly with those that are unkind; as if Coca Cola is a kind firm.

I am sure that Coke is not the only unethical company out there.  In fact I guess that most multinationals have questions to answer.  But I noticed that the Ethical Consumer website gave them a rating of 1.5 out of 20.  Unconditional love indeed.  I think I am going to have to cut back o. My Diet Cokes!

Check out the Ethical Consumer website.  I am not saying that agree with everything on it but it will keep you more informed.

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/

No comments: