Tuesday 20 November 2012

God's Pursuit of Man

This week I am reading through Tozer's little book, 'God's Pursuit of Man' (it is a prequel to his more famous book, 'The Pursuit of God').  I find Tozer a little bit grumpy at times, but he puts things  wonderfully.  I read 'God's Pursuit of Man' before and thought it was brilliant.  Now I am trying to go through it more slowly and thoughtfully.

He sums up his purpose in writing:
If a man have only correct doctrine to offer me I am sure to slip out at the first intermission to seek the company of someone who has seen for himself how lovely is the face of Him who is the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley.  Such a man can help me, and no one else can.
The argument of this book is the essential inferiority of true religion.

No comments: