Tuesday 9 February 2010

Stott on grace

As you may have noticed my recent posts have focused on John Stott quotations. That is because I am reading through his commentary on Romans. Romans is one of the many parts of the Bible I feel that I do not know as well as I should. I often regret that I have not consistently studied the Scriptures in the way that I might have. How much more I could know, and how much more of God I would have experienced, if I had been more disciplined in personal study over the last 15-20 years. If you are younger than me take that as an encouragement to put the effort in (if you are not younger than me may you also be encouraged to study the Bible more).
My John Stott for tonight; 'Grace is God loving, God stooping, God coming to rescue, God giving himself generously in and through Jesus Christ.'

No comments: